Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No Half?

So as it turned out I had procrastinated myself right out of the Lonestar Half Iron. I was crushed. I have spent 3 months on gruelling training. Well, maybe it wasn't soo bad. I was pretty upset though!! I got myself registered for an Olympic in Carlyle, Illinois. I am pretty fired up about that one!! I will get to use my spanky new wet suit. I am a little nervous though, the water temps are expected to be around 70 degrees. Yikes, that is cold!

I am still training, just now with a slightly different perspective. Somehow the olympic distance is not so intimidating. I can do it. I am ready for it. Now if I could just drop another 15 pounds!! I am working slowly at it. I have been adjusting my diet here and there. It is tricky!! I don't know if it is because the first time a lost a significant amount of weight I was in my 20's or if I am just not getting enough food? Who knows, I am still going to persist and defeat the fat!!

I am running in the Benbrook Sprint this weekend. I am a little excited about it. I swam today and finished a long 2000 yard swim in 56 minutes. I actually did 20 x 100's. My goal was to finish each one in 2 minutes. I did achieve that goal for the first few and then my arms got tired and I lost focus on my form. I noticed that every time I took a breath my butt sunk down a little and then I would have to work even harder to get balanced. If I stayed focused, I could take a breath without sinking...I would just roll a bit further and tuck my chin. That was a little tricky because I kept drinking water. Oh well, I will keep trying. Tomorrow is another swim and I am ready to stay focused.

Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

Runner Susan said...

I'd love to do a site for you, I'll give you a call later today.