Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sleepless nights, but so worth it!!






I have to say that I was at my wits end by Friday last week. We were on a "eat every 2 hour" type of schedule. Only, J was not taking breastfeeding lightly, we were having a weight gaining issue so we were bottle feeding. I created an instant gratification, lazy bottle feeding boy!! Well, that has since changed, but man this is so tiring. I had my first round of symptoms since being a new mom. I woke up for a 3 am feeding and thought the room was on a roller coaster!! Yikes!! Thank goodness my parents came in town to give me a well deserved and needed rest break!! We have gotten the whole breastfeeding thing down now, and we slept through most of last night!! Yay!! 4 consecutive hours!! I kissed the whole trying to breastfeed, then pump, then get J to fall asleep thing goodbye!! I have a new found respect for my mom!! She is the most knowledgeable person childbirth and breastfeeding!! I guess, she should be since she had 3 kids and she is a labor/delivery nurse!! It was so helpful! Since I was in a special circumstance, I did not get to learn everything I was supposed to before birth and in the hospital before leaving. She came in and helped me and last night was so much better! Yay!! Now if I can only get the working out thing back under control. With some extra rest, it should be easier to find energy to walk or maybe even try a ride with hotty hubby! All in due time!! For now, I am going to enjoy the new love of my life!! (Hotty hubby still ranks pretty high, but our J man takes the cake!!)



Blog on friends!!

No comments: