Search This Blog

Saturday, September 08, 2007

It's funny how life throws you curve balls!!

Well, I have an announcement. Beck party of two is slowly becoming Beck party of 3!! We are pregnant. It has come as quite a shock for us, but we are happy for the new blessing!! Officially we are about 9 weeks along. Let me tell you, for what it is worth, so far it is not all it is cracked up to be. I am tired, fat, hungry and sick all at the same time. We have actually known for a while, but did not want to tell anyone until we had our first sonogram. It is really hard to tell that there is a baby growing inside of me, but it is. What an exciting time!!

This weekend hotty hubby and I rode in the Cowtown Classic Bike Rally in Crowley. We rode what we thought was 32. Turned out to be closer to 38! I averaged a slow and leisurely pace of about 12.7 mph. It was a great ride. It did not get tough until the last 6 or so. Not too hilly, not too flat, and great weather. I have to be very careful not to get too competitive with myself! The Doc says, I can do anything I want, just be mindful of my level of fatigue and the time spent exercising. I am not allowed to do anything over about 3 hours. Ha!! That is so funny. Marathoning over the next year or so is definitely not in my future!! I am still going to do the Women's Tri in October!! I am excited about that!

Work is still so stressful!! I am so short staffed and the employees that I have think they can only work when they want to. So I have people left and right not showing up for work!! I am so frustrated!! I am at a loss. I don't know where to find employees, ahem...responsible employees!! I have job listings posted all over FW, but to no avail!! I hope things will get better. I really miss training. I don't have to be responsible for anyone but me!! There may be something to that!! I will keep working on hotty hubby on that one!!

Blog on friends!!

6 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Congrats to U & Hubby on ur pregnancy... between that & training & work, u will be one busy peep...just breath and take it one day at a time:-) God Is Good!!

and ya amazing how hard it is to find an employee that actually wants to work & NOT whine...Geesh

David said...

Congrats. It is an exciting time.

massoman said...

we all get to congratulate you and be happy and excited for you and not be tired or sick! how exciting!

good luck with finding good help. we're praying for you.

Dubs said...

Congrats!!! Such an exciting time! I hear the not feeling so good usually only lasts a short time - I'll cross my fingers that is true for you as well!

Good luck on the employee search!

Runner Susan said...

Congrats Karrie! I'm so excited for you. I must call soon. Between house building and work I've been a loser friend.

IronWaddler said...

Congrats and good luck to you.