Search This Blog

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Fall Breakaway 5K report

Okay, I need some tips on running 5K's at 9am. It seems my tummy and bladder are confused. I tried to wait until the last minute to get up and head to the race, but Hotty Hubby hates being late. So we showed up an hour early. Yikes!! I was starving by 9 and had to pee like crazy before mile 3. So what do you do? I guess I should have eaten before we left the apartment and well, tried to go pee before we started? Anyway, hotty hubby and I went to the KAT Fall Breakaway 5K. It was listed on my previous post. We had a great time!! It was not too crowded, but it was very hilly. It was in the TCU area...my favorite part of FW!! We finished in 42:35 (13:42/mile). Not sooo bad, but we could have finished faster had I not had to go pee so bad. I was afraid at one point that the next step I took would be like a dam breaking and all the pee would just come flowing!! Yikes...we had fun anyway!! I hope to be able to not have the bladder problem on October 24th. We will see.

Blog on friends!!

1 comment:

Runner Susan said...

Hi karrie! How are you? I miss you. Congrats on the 5k